One of the many disorders caused by the modern lifestyle, smoking, excessive alcohol use, and hypertension is edema. Edema is swelling brought on by an excess of fluid build-up in the body that affects the hands, legs, and ankles. Patients with edema symptoms include those with kidney and liver diseases, heart illness, allergies, diabetes, inflammation of the lymph nodes, and pregnant women.
SYMPTOMS OF EDEMA
- Tissues swell beneath the skin,
- Skin dimpling,
- Puffiness and stretching; and
- Enlarged abdomen.
Symptoms of pulmonary edema include:
- Coughing and wheezing
Symptoms that indicate a critical condition include:
- Pale skin and dizziness,
- Chest pain,
- Blood in cough.
Home Remedies for Edema
Although home remedies can effectively reduce swelling, they should only be used with a doctor's suggestion because certain home remedies may not be suitable for certain disorders.1. GARLIC
- It is a natural diuretic used as a home treatment for edema.
- It eliminates water and toxins from the body.
- Two or three cloves eaten in the morning are beneficial.
- The vitamin and mineral-rich dandelion leaves, the spicy scent of fennel, and the thread-like, vitamin K-rich maize silk are all present.
- To prepare tea, place fresh dandelion, fennel, or corn silk leaves in a cup, pour boiling water over them, and let steep for a few minutes.
- Strain and have two to three glasses of this tea every day.
- Because they are high in potassium, they can help with water retention.
- For five minutes, these seeds are added to boiling water.
- Strain and take twice a day.
- Because it is a natural diuretic, especially for pregnant women, it is beneficial in treating edema.
- Barley is added to water, allowed to soak overnight, and then strained. Two glasses of barley water should be consumed every morning.
- Food is topped with a powdered form of flax seeds.
- The afflicted area of the body may also be treated with flax seed oil.
- Eat a balanced, healthful diet and stay away from too much salt.
- Continue your activity with suggested workouts.
- Adhere to relaxation techniques to prevent mental strain and exhaustion.