Ajwain Junglee is a herbaceous perennial plant with conical taproots that can occasionally be woody at the base. The leaf blades, which are 1-3 pinnate and dark green in color, are covered in tiny, silky hairs. This plant produces compound umbels with few or no bracts. The fruit of this plant is ovoid or ellipsoid in shape, while the flowers are white or pinkish in color.
The herb Seseli indicum can be found from Dehradun to Gorakhpur, Bundelkhand, Assam, Best Bengal, and Koramandal in the lower Himalayan range.
- Kingdom - Plantae
- Family - Apiacea
- Order - Apiales
- Genus - Seseli
- Latin name - Seseli indicum
- Hindi name - Junglee ajwain
- Bengali name - Ban zoan
- Gujarati name - Ajmo
- Kannada name - Om kalugalu
- Sanskrit name - Banemani, Banywani
- Marathi name - Kriminjee oava, ova
- Telugu name - Vamu
- Tamil name - Omam
- Malayalam name - Ayamodakam
According to Bhavprakash Nigamantu, this medicinal plant is used to cure the following conditions:-
- Utejaka - It is an herb that is used to arouse the digestive fire. Because it ignites the digestive fire and aids in the proper operation of the digestive system, this medicinal plant is particularly good for the digestive system.
- Shoolaghna - The herb used for stomach aches is Shoolaghna. This plant has a stomachic character and is used to treat severe abdominal pain and inflammation. It is also very good in reducing both acute and persistent stomach discomfort.
- Pachan - Herbs that are excellent for the digestive tract include pachan. Junglee ajwain is a very beneficial plant that can be found at home and is excellent for promoting the digestive system's general wellness.
- Worm infestation (krimighna) -To kill numerous disease-causing bacteria (krimi) and safeguard the body from ailments brought on by these microbes, junglee ajwain is utilized.
- Flatus - To treat this intestine-related issue, junglee ajwain is also quite helpful. Flatus is intestinal gas produced by bacterial action on waste material.
- Appetizer - It is also used as an appetizer and is an excellent natural cure for improving digestion.
Dosage / Usage
- Oil: 2-3 drops
- Powder: 1-3 gms
- Ascaris - Roundworm of the small intestine is another name for the helminth species Ascaris. The numerous symptoms of this illness include pneumonia, fever, chest pain, blood in the mucus, coughing, shortness of breath, and chest discomfort. Seseli indicum is a powerful natural treatment for Ascaris and its underlying symptoms.
- Itching - Redness, rashes, and itching of the skin are treated with a paste produced from the leaves of the Seseli indicum plant.
- Tymapnititis - Tympanititis is the medical term for tympanic membrane inflammation. Tympanititis is a very painful condition brought on by middle ear inflammation and an oozing blister on the ear drum.
- Anti-bacterial - This medicinal plant's essential oil has excellent antibacterial capabilities. This oil is used in Ayurveda to prevent the body from being attacked by numerous bacterial illnesses and to kill the pathogenic germs that cause sickness.
- One spoonful of carom seeds per day is very helpful for treating acidity. It is the greatest technique to treat indigestion issues and is also beneficial for acid reflux issues.
- Seseli indicum is the greatest home remedy for constipation and is particularly beneficial for digestive issues.
- Both the pain from kidney stones and their treatment with carom seeds are quite successful.
- The natural therapy of steaming carom seeds is believed to relieve cold symptoms, including congestion in the nose.