As it is said, "breathe healthy to stay healthy," Ayurveda is learning how to help people safely and gently all around the world. We will talk about effective at-home remedies for asthma in this article.
WHAT IS ASTHMA?
An allergic condition called asthma causes the airways to enlarge, which results in wheezing, a persistent cough, breathlessness, and the creation of excess mucus.
Individual differences in asthma triggers include allergic reactions to certain foods like ladyfingers, bananas, curd, peanuts, and freezer goods.
- Allergens in the air, such as pollen, dust, and animal dander.
- Pollutants and irritants in the air, such as smoke and dust.
- Exercise, such as running.
- ·Anxiety and other feelings.
Some remedies you can do at home to treat Asthma:
Consume Amla Powder every morning with one teaspoon of honey.
- GARLIC MILK
Boil 8-10 garlic cloves in a pot of milk. Boil till it reduces by 3/4th. Strain and drink the milk at least once a month.
- TURMERIC TEA
Turmeric or Curcumin acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Drink turmeric milk or turmeric tea every day.
- TRIKATU CHURNA
Trikatu churna is a powder comprised of long pepper, dry ginger, and black pepper. It works well against infections of the respiratory tract, such as a cough, cold, runny nose, asthma, etc.
It can be consumed twice to three times daily in a mixture of half a teaspoon and honey. This helps to cleanse the channels and discharge phlegm.
- Avoid consuming foods like rice, milk, cheese, sugar, curd, and other substances that tend to cause phlegm production.
- Drink hot water cautiously.
- Cover up and stay out of the cold air, which can make symptoms like coughing and wheezing worse.
- Perform Pranayam (Anulom and Vilom) exercises while a professional observes.