Thyroid gland dysfunction is the cause of goiter. Whether a person has hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, goiter is a sign that something is wrong with the way goiter functions. The condition known as goiter is caused by iodine deficiency, Graves' disease, thyroid cancer, pregnancy, nodules, Hashimoto's disease, and medication exposure. In certain cases of goiter, heredity is a major factor. There's a perceptible irritation in the neck area, hardness in the voice, swallowing or breathing difficulties and coughing.
Some effective home remedies for Goiter
This well-known Ayurveda herb dramatically aids in the body's lymphatic system's detoxification process. This plant is quite effective.
- Take 10–15 grams of the plant Kanchnaar's bark.
- Boil it in the second-third cup of water.
- When the solution reaches 1/4th, turn off the heat.
- Strain it.
- Have it twice a day, right before meals.
Dandelion has properties that reduce inflammation. It aids in reducing the neck area's edema. It efficiently assists in providing relief from the goiter problem.
- Gather two or three dandelion leaves.
- Grind the herb's leaves into a paste.
- Heat the paste and add some butter to it.
- Apply the mixture to the area that is irritated. After ten minutes, take it out.
- Continue doing this for around 15 days to obtain the desired outcome.
- GREEN TEA
Green tea aids in the thyroid gland's appropriate operation.
- Take 1 tsp of the green tea leaves and add it to a cup of hot water.
- Steep it for a couple of minutes.
- Strain it and stir thoroughly after adding the honey to the mixture.