A condition caused by a dietary deficit is scurvy. It is brought on by the body's deficiency of vitamin C. Gum swelling, bleeding, weak heart, hemorrhages, and disruption of the body's circulatory system are the main signs of this illness. Scurvy is primarily caused by anorexia, diet restrictions, and vitamin C allergies. The Sailor's disease was the old name for this illness.
With the aid of several DIY cures, scurvy and its symptoms are easily treated.
SOME EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES FOR SCURVY
There are some efficient home cures that offer complete relief from scurvy-related bleeding and other issues.
1. LEMON JUICE
There is ascorbic acid in the lemon juice. It has a lot of vitamin C.
- Combine one whole lemon juice with warm water.
- Pour some honey over it.
- Take two drinks of the solution each day.
- Over time, the symptoms will finally go away.
2. INDIAN GOOSEBERRY (AMLA)
- Powder the dehydrated gooseberries.
- Combine the sugar and powder.
- Drink the mixture twice a day.
- The combination is also soluble in water.
- Additionally, you are able to ingest the solution.
- Warm milk can also be mixed with the mixture.
- And sip the concoction prior to retiring for the night. These aid in effectively curing the scurvy symptoms.
Another great at-home treatment for scurvy is mashed potatoes.
- Mash a specified number of potatoes after they have been boiled.
- Make some gravy with the tomatoes as well.
- Vitamin C is also abundant in tomatoes.
- Eat the tomato soup along with the mashed potato. This is an excellent at-home cure for scurvy.
Vitamin C content in oranges is likewise very high.
- The best way to treat scurvy is to eat a lot of oranges, either as fruit or as juice.
5. GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
These include grapefruit, tomatoes, kiwifruit, cantaloupes, sweet lemon, and tomatoes. They are also a significant source of vitamin C.
- Other delicious veggies that are incredibly high in Vitamin C are cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, sprouts, and green peppers.
- Eating these veggies to prevent scurvy.