We all typically refer to Alsi as linseed or flaxseed. Multiple health advantages of assi. To improve the body's general nutritional state, it can be utilized both internally and externally in the form of various preparations, either alone or in conjunction with other seeds.
It is used to treat health issues like fever, cough, obesity, high blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and wound healing, among others.
Linum Usitatissimum is its Latin name, and it is a member of the family Linaceae.
- English name – Linseed, Flaxseed.
- Hindi name – Alsi, Alasi, Teesi
- Sanskrit name – Alasi, Kshuma, picchala, Atasi, Neempushpi, Neela, Neelapushpin.
- Bengali name – Marshina.
- Marathi Name – Javasu
- Arabic name – Kattan
- Gujarati – Alasi
- Telugu name – Alasi, Atasi, Bittu
It is a winter crop that thrives in all regions of India, reaching a height of 6000 feet above sea level in the Himalayas.
The crop varies according to the region it is grown in in terms of color, form, and size. As a result, there are red, white, yellow, and black kinds of Alasi.
The famous Linseed oil from this plant's seeds is extracted, and the fiber is obtained from the stems. The name "Neela" comes from the plant's blue blossoms.
The plants also contain a lot of dietary fiber and are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Additionally, this plant contains EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), which are crucial for a healthy heart and brain function.
Hindi / Sanskrit
Snigdha, Pichhil, Guru
Smooth, Slimy Nature, Heavy
Vipaka (Post-Digestive Taste)
Alsi balances vata issues while boosting kapha and pitta body energy. Its high dietary fiber content reduces bloating and constipation while assisting in regulating bowel motions.
Exercise caution when pitta is aggravated by illnesses like bleeding, gout, etc. Care should be used when providing linseed in that situation.
- Because the fiber and oil from flax seeds are distinct, so are their physiological consequences.
- Daily consumption of flax seed fiber can provide the body with the healthful fiber it needs. It may be had alone or with water or milk in addition to your normal cereal. You may also incorporate it into a variety of recipes by mixing it with ordinary flour.
- The fiber in Alasi is excellent for the intestines. Anywhere in the intestines, it reduces bloating and inflammation. It also supports maintaining internal homeostasis and regulating the body's pH, which should typically be alkaline.
- Its anti-inflammatory effects also benefit patients with neuralgia, paralysis, etc. by resolving vata imbalances in the body.
- Contrarily, flax seed oil contains a wide range of additional health advantages.
- It is a fantastic immune system booster that can provide immune support naturally.
- Balances the vata-related causes of intestinal disruption and constipation.
- Additionally, it contributes to maintaining a healthy balance of good and bad cholesterol in the body and regulates blood cholesterol.
- Flaxseed oil might be a highly nutritious replacement for persons who are trying to lose weight.
- It is a useful source of fiber for IBS sufferers who must pay close attention to the amount of insoluble fiber in their diets.
- It can be used externally, or taken internally as drops. It can also be used as an enema. Many health issues can be treated with linseed oil applied topically via the nasal cavity.
- Flaxseed It is a fantastic cleanser for the skin because it detoxifies the skin and helps to make it supple and healthy.
- Particularly in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or those classified as having the Autistic condition, it aids in brain function improvement. When combined with other nutritious supplements, flaxseed oil can work wonders in these youngsters to help them regain their typical developmental milestones for their age group.
- The use of flaxseed oil can help people with lifestyle diseases like stress, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Flaxseed oil's anti-inflammatory qualities can help with skeletal issues and joint mobility issues.
- Flaxseed oil has a lot to offer cancer and BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) patients.
- One of the numerous superfoods, it has excellent rejuvenating and anti-aging qualities.
- Recent studies also suggest that linseed oil may support urinary tract health management.
Flaxseed Powder – 3-6g.